First dance

First dance

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Spill About My L-O-V-E (borrowed from another blogger!)

Describe your dating life prior to finding your husband.
Prior to dating Rodney, I had not been in a seriously committed relationship in about 3 years. That was the most unhealthy relationship and taught me everything I did NOT want in a husband. After that ended, I took a year off from dating altogether... I didn't want to punish all other men for the way that one treated me, so I took a break. Even still, once I reentered the dating pool, I had a string of bad apples before finding Rodney. With two of those apples, I was lied to and found myself as the "other woman". Not good. Even though I learned alot and I know much of those experiences prepared me for what I have now, I never EVER want to go back to that life.

This is when we first met... way back in 2007!

Describe your husband in one word. How would he describe you in one word?
Thoughtful. He is always thinking of others and he does the most thoughtful things to show he cares. Who else would drive across town to clean the snow off their mom's car? Or make a special trip to the office to bring me Skittles or a bouquet of flowers when I am having a rough day? He would say my word would be... loyal? He always comments that I care too much about people or that I am too loyal to people who really do not deserve it.

You had a really silly fight. Embarrassing silly. What was it about?
Which exit to take in the car. I was asking which way we were going on our way back from an event and because he says I do not trust his driving, it upset him that I was questioning his route when I should have just sat there and allowed him the freedom, as the driver, to take whatever route he chose. Silly fight. Lesson learned.




In only three sentences, describe where you both hope to be in 5 years.
We hope to both be working in career fields we are passionate about (for me, that's HR; for him, that's Human Services) We hope to have a child or two in the next 5 years. And we want to continue to growing our marriage, enjoying one another and living life to its fullest.

Tell us something about your husband we wouldn't know from reading your blog.
He is really close with his mom. He calls her at least every other day to check on her, which is so sweet. They definitely have a much better relationship now that they don't live with one another. But I appreciate the way he still looks in on her and makes sure she has everything she needs.

What is one thing you never thought you'd do in front of your husband, but you did?
LOL! Besides fart? Probably the "I'm a Little Teapot" song/dance. I never thought I'd do that again once I left Kindergarden. Who knew he would think it's adorable!?


No comments:

Post a Comment