First dance

First dance

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Weekend Recap!

This last weekend was nice. Friday night, the hubs and I just made some burgers for dinner. Something quick and easy! Then we broke out the boardgames and enjoyed a little competition while talking about life and all of its mysteries.


For some reason, Rodney and I have the deepest talks while we are playing games or when we sit on the balcony and drink wine together. Random, I know. But those really are precious times for me. Some days, it feels like our lives revolve around TV, laptops, cell phones, etc. so it's just nice to have some focus time and good convo every once in a while.


LOL! Not really. The wine came on Saturday! We hit a local winery with our friends, Tommy and Steve, and had some free wine tasting. It was pretty darn tasty! It was actually a really pretty day, so we ended up sharing a pitcher of Sangria and a bottle of wine out on the patio while we listened to live music. Couldn't have asked for a better way to de-compress from the week! We had extra time so we ended up traveling down the road to another winery called the Grateful Goat!

Funny thing is that we'd planned to stop here on the way back from our Evansville trip but the day was a wash! This little place is right out of someone's basement, but the wine tasting was super cheap and pretty delicious! They even have one called "Vi-Agra"! LOL! There's a wine you don't see everyday! Too bad this little place is closing in a few months...
 

From there, we headed north to visit our anxious friends who are getting hitched next weekend. They are over-the-moon excited and well, I can't blame them. Married life is wonderful and I know they are going to have an awesome life together. We're definitely looking forward to celebrating their special day.

 
Sunday was just low-key. I had trouble sleeping the night before (I can't imagine why when I had plenty of wine in my system!) We went to early service at church and then had a nice couch nap together in the afternoon. I can't say we did much except bake cupcakes and make spaghetti for dinner... But that was perfectly fine with me! Rodney says that our life together is "simple" and I have to agree. We enjoy the small intimate moments as well as the big celebrated ones---as long as we are together, that's the most important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment