First dance

First dance

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Standing at a Crossroads...

I am really digging my blog's "face-lift". It definitely still has the sparkle effect, but I like the burgandy red. It almost has a calming, soothing tone to it. Or perhaps, I am just crazy!


 
 
I am still trying to decide about school. The HR degree program has a session starting in a few weeks, and the sooner I start, the sooner I'd finish. But--I guess I'm just not sure about it. I'm not sure I want to sacrifice more of my life for school. It will push off my student loans for a bit though and hopefully put me in a better position for an HR job when I finish. But-- Nothing is set in stone. Nothing is guaranteed. What if, at the end of getting a Masters, I am in exactly the same position I am now... only with more debt and more time wasted where I could have been focusing on my health, my marriage, having a family...
 
+
 
In other news, we're down to just 11 days til my good friends, Christine and Marshall, get hitched! I am super excited for them and have been anxiously awaiting this day since they got together. Look how cute they are!!


Combined with all of that excitement is a big ball of nerves. Why, you ask?! Well, because I am singing at the wedding... And the reception... The reception will be more laid back, but I don't know the song as well as I should. But the ceremony song --- I am first. The very first thing to open the ceremony. That is terrifying!! I am, by no means, a professional and well, just because SHE thinks I sing well doesn't mean her 140 guests will too. Ack! To make all of this even worse, I am out of practice. I've been trying to sing in the car and get my voice going again, but I'm afraid it's gonna crack/croak/die and I am gonna ruin the whole ceremony :(


I think I need sleep. I had major trouble resting over the weekend and I just don't think I've caught up yet. Perhaps it's because of all these things going on in my brain.

I've been applying for jobs still. I have to call a lady back @ Amazon this afternoon, but I am trying to not put my eggs in any basket right now. I need to make more money. But not at the expense of driving farther to and from work or having a schedule that's up and down and never the same. So far, that's what I've been finding. Rodney applied for a job that he REALLY wants and I wish (Lord, how I wish) I had a way to make them call and give him an opportunity. I just keep praying. Every day I pray. That He will make a way. Where there seems to be no way.



It is really hard to leave it in His hands, but that's what I have to do from here. I am not in control and I acknowledge that. I pray for wisdom to hear your voice, strength to uphold us as we wait, doors of opportunity to open for both of us and clarity on where we should go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment