First dance

First dance

Thursday, May 30, 2013

"Don't let anyone dull your sparkle..."

For weeks now, I have been stressed beyond belief. I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders and I've been searching for a way to relieve the pressure. <sigh> As my mother-in-law would say, "The Devil is alive and he'll come at you from all angles. You just gotta stay strong!" I am doing my best to be strong and hold out hope that things are going to get better soon, but some days, it's exhausting...
 

 
 
I've been allowing the people I work with and the drama at the office wear me down and steal my joy. But I refuse to continue that way. I deserve better... And if I can't receive the appreciation and support I desire, why should I stay? Exactly. I shouldn't. Which is why I gathered up enough strength to post my resume and see what was out there for me. I took a chance. A leap of faith. The question is: Will it pay off?
 

So far, there are two prospects. I had a phone interview yesterday for an Analyst job and even though I felt a bit deflated by some of the line of questioning, they are still moving forward and have requested a face-to-face interview on 6/12. The other job is an HR position super close to home and more in line with what I want to be doing careerwise. I completed some prescreen questions the night before last but because of my minimal experience in areas like retention and unemployment, I thought I had blown my shot altogether. At least until the lady called me last night. When I returned her call this morning, she asked me to come in tomorrow around 5:30 to complete an application and speak with her about the position. I don't want to read too much into that or get my hopes up, but doesn't the application part only come if they are serious about hiring you? Crossing my fingers!!
 

If the job offer comes and the salary/benefits are right, I'll have to jump. While I wasn't prepared for things to happen so quickly, I definitely need to make a change sooner rather than later. I feel like this place is killing my spirit. It's definitely stressing me out and forcing me to crawl into a shell just to get through the day. That's not me. I need to be able to pay the bills and provide for my family, but I also desire to have job satisfaction and contribute where my work will be appreciated again.


No comments:

Post a Comment