First dance

First dance

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tired Tuesday...

 

After a nice long weekend, it's tough to be motivated to do anything today. I think Tuesday is the new Monday this week. (growl) At least I got a little break from the office and separation from my boss after the happenings of last week.

The anger has subsided. The hurt has slowly lessened. And now, I just don't care.


I have no desire to make nice or exchange pleasantries. I have no desire to bust my ass or do any more work than what is required to earn my paycheck. This is the "All Business, No Friendship" or "All Work and No Play" version of Crystal.


Like it or hate it, this new work environment brought it on. My boss is probably not going to like that I don't turn my chair around to chit chat with her when she comes into my work area. Call me focused. Call it "paying extra attention to my work". Call it whatever you want, but we are boss and employee now. We are no longer friends. That was destroyed along with my job satisfaction or desire to do whatever it took to make things happen. A little item I refer to as a "Performance Action Plan" forever changed the way I look at my job here.

 
Gone are the days when I at least felt appreciated by my boss. It would have been nice for the company to recognize my efforts, but it satisfied me enough that my boss was in my corner and recognized them. That made me loyal. That made me want to do more. But now ---

 
I'm tired. I just want to get back home to my husband and enjoy our week of memories from a year ago. I can hardly believe we'll be married a year this Sunday. Thank God for my precious husband. He keeps me sane. He is the reason I wake up each morning and deal with BS all day. I can't imagine my world without him and I'm so blessed I am able to call him my husband.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment