First dance

First dance

Friday, May 24, 2013

"Free Your Mind" Friday?!


  • I'm still mad. And upset. So a "Happy Friday" is already a miserable one... at least until I can leave the office.
  • I am afraid of the unknown. What if I get a job offer elsewhere? I'll be starting all over at ground zero again. Learning a brand new job. Learning brand new processes and procedures. Learning how to interact with a brand new group of people. The thought of it kinda overwhelms me.
  • I want to do what is best for my family. Jumping jobs right now when I am the sole income is not a very smart thing to do. BUT-if the job pays better and will make us more comfortable going forward, is the jump worthwhile?

  • Phone interviews scare me. In fact, ALL interviews scare me. I never know what to expect. Even as much as I try to prepare, I never feel prepared enough. Lord, give me the right words to say today and lead me beyond my own capabilities.
  • The Friday before a nice long 3-day weekend always DRAGS. I think companies should make it a 3 1/2 day weekend and let their employees have Friday afternoon off with pay. Yep, if I was the boss, that's what I'd do. (Too bad, I am not)
  • Why didn't I take a personal day today?! (Oh yeah, because I'm not allowed to unless I cover my prior commitments ahead of time and ensure all of my work duties are covered in advance... BLAH BLAH BLAH!) A personal day is a personal day. They are allowed to be unexpected and without warning, contrary to what my boss believes.


  • Yep. That's what I need. A "personal mental health day". Right. Then they would try to fire me because I was crazy. They already think I sleep on the job. And change bank deposit numbers to keep from balancing totals. And a list of other CRAP. Ughhh! Did I mention that I am still mad!?
 


  • Maybe three days away will make it better. I am looking forward to spending time with my husband. We don't have much planned, so it will be nice. I want to get our apartment cleaned up early Saturday, but after that, it will be playtime!





No comments:

Post a Comment