First dance

First dance

Monday, June 1, 2015

Poltergeist movie night!

Last Friday, we hung out with some coworker friends for Poltergeist movie night! We decided it'd be fun to watch the original and then follow that up with a late-night showing of the new remake. After a long work week, I was SO ready for some fun!

We met at our friend's house around 6. We ate pizza, drank beer (and Fireball shots!) and then started the movie around 7. I have to say seeing the original Poltergeist as an adult is so much different than as a child. When I was little, that movie SCARED THE CRAP out of me!




As an adult, it wasn't nearly as scary as I remembered. In fact, I found myself noticing how indifferent and unfrazzled the parents seemed to be. If some of those things were happening in my house, I would've moved LONG before they did. The one bright spot was the short paranormal lady. I crossed my fingers that she might make an appearance in the new remake - but I was disappointed on that one.

The remake was actually good. Better than I expected. Some of the parts were actually a bit more creepy and scary in the newer version. Especially, if you hate clowns. Even this movie poster looks frightening!


No comments:

Post a Comment