First dance

First dance

Monday, March 10, 2014

All of me - loves- All of you...

I was driving home from work the other day and it just hit me. Like a ton of bricks. In the face. I just started to cry... not from sadness or frustration or anything I could really articulate. I was moved in a very emotional way by the simple lyric of a song.

It's funny to sit and write about it now, trying to find the right words to describe what I felt. There have been very few moments in my life when I have been that overwhelmed by emotion. So, I pulled over into a subdivision, sat there quietly, and allowed the tears to flow as the song finished to the end. It was a beautiful testiment - of adoration, affection and sheer love felt for another person.

Here is the chorus:
'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh


As I listened to the lyric, I thought of my husband and all of the many ways he makes my life better. Although I always hoped to find this kind of love, I don't think I ever truly believed I'd find it. For a lot of years, I didn't feel like I deserved it. I searched time and again, settled for men who were not at all marriage (or even relationship material) and slowly damaged my heart, almost to the point of no return. Through it all, I continued to pray... And one day... He appeared...

He is not perfect, by any means. But he is perfect for me. When I feel like giving up or throwing in the towel, he encourages me to hang in there. He loves me - through good, bad and in between. He fills my heart with joy. He challenges me. He makes me better. He makes my world whole.

And so, after the song was over and my tears were wiped away, I smiled and thanked God once again for blessing me with an amazing man to call my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment