First dance

First dance

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Our 1st Dinner Party!

I was super excited (and hella nervous!) about having our first real dinner party. For years, I've wanted to be the hostess who invites people over, feeds them with good eats and makes them want to come back. However, living in a cracker box that was already tight with 2 people was not a place to make this happen.

Our new home is open, roomy and is perfect for entertaining. I couldn't wait to start inviting friends over (hence, the recent burst of dinners this week). What made this particular dinner so nerve-wracking was my decision to try a totally new menu! What was I thinking!? (What I was thinking is that it was going to be delicious!) :P

Here was the menu:
Orange-Cranberry Chicken (This came to be, thanks to the McAllisters Orange-Cranberry club. I was eating it for lunch last week and thought, "hey, this would be a good idea for chicken!") I know... I'm not right...
Mixed Veggies
Roasted Parmesan Potato Wedges (Totally new, but I wanted a different kinda potato!)
Banana Pudding w/Oreo Crumble Caramel Drizzle
Wine

The chicken cooked in the crockpot all afternoon, so it was super tender. I just had to make the sauce for it when I got home. The potatoes were really easy, though they probably could've taken on a lil more parmesan flavor. The hit was the banana pudding. We intended to do an Oreo crumble for the top, but my husband got the idea of doing a caramel drizzle instead. It was AMAZE-balls! So good, in fact, that we are making more for our dinner tonight!

All in all, it was a great night. We have a delicious meal, good friends, fun games and lots of laughter. I hope this is just the first of many dinner parties we will have!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, your menu sound so good! Glad that your first dinner party went well!

    ReplyDelete