First dance

First dance

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking back - then looking forward...

I’ve never been one to throw a big stink or party ‘til I’m half dead on New Year’s Eve. I much prefer spending some quality time with fun company. So tonight, that’s the agenda! My husband and I are having a nice dinner out with some good friends… then headed back to their house to watch the ball drop, play some games and toast the New Year.

This past year had plenty of happenings. Some good. Some not-so-good. But, at the end of the day, my husband and I are blessed to celebrate our 7th (did I just say 7th!?) New Years together… and are heading toward our 2nd wedding anniversary coming up in June. Time flies when you are having fun!!

Birth of a Blog!
A blog was always something I thought about doing, but it only came to fruition this year. In fact, I just recently started a spin-off to document my recipes! So, I guess I should have said ‘Birth of the blogssssss’ LOL!

Wine and more wine!
My husband and I enjoy a good glass of wine just like anyone else. But this year, we’ve ventured to some wineries and up’d our wine intake significantly. It’s relaxing and definitely helped to block the stressful world out for a while.
 

 

1st year in the books!
One year of marriage has already come and gone. They say that the 1st year of marriage is the hardest. I suppose we are the exception to that rule! ;) While we faced our share of challenges, our foundation was solid and we were able to overcome whatever came our way. I love my husband even more today than the day we married… so excited for what is to come!

 


Friendships blossomed!
Our friendships continue to blossom. Christine & Marshall, although we became close during our wedding, that was magnified through the planning of their wedding which took place this past June. They continue to be two of our favorite people. Another up and coming pair of friends is Tommy & Steve. Tommy is Breezy’s brother, but we only began spending time with them after our wedding. Funny how that happened… They are SO fun to hang out with and well, I’m glad the friendship has grown with them. Another post-wedding friendship that came into its own was my ‘Beanblossom’. She helped me with some ideas and things for my wedding, but we really did not start hanging out until after. I’m definitely thankful to have a good work friend – but she’s become more than that. She’s my peep, yo!

My Hubby – College Grad!
Not only does my husband have a Bachelor’s degree, but he graduated this year with a Master’s degree as well. I am SO proud of him! He is definitely the most brilliant person I know (well, besides me, of course) LOL!

 


Finally sleeping!
After being so tired for so long, I guess I was used to it. Unbeknownst to me, I had a sleeping disorder and it was slowly shutting my body down. Within just a few days of starting treatment, I could feel a difference. And even though some days, I am still tired, I am a world away from where I was a year ago! It’s amazing what a little sleep can do!

Crazy for grad school!
I don’t know why. I sometimes wish someone would’ve talked me out of it. But I’m in it now and trying to stay strong. It’ll all pay off in the end, right? I tell you, when I have my Master’s in HR, somebody better be knocking at my door with a new job paying me 6-figures, ya heard!?

Home is where the heart is!
I’m super excited. We’ve put an offer down on a condo and are about to be first-time homeowners! Woot woot! It’s going to be the beginning of a new exciting chapter for us --- a place where we can grow, start our family and be the best Williams family we can be!

 


Just us!
After so many ups and downs, we are still ‘us’. I still get butterflies. I still miss him, even if it’s only been an hour or two. I still get excited to see him. I still love listening to him talk about the most random things. When all is said and done, he is my world. He makes my life worth living. He is my everything. My moonbeam.

 


Happy New Year! Looking forward to an unbelievable 2014!!



No comments:

Post a Comment