First dance

First dance

Sunday, December 29, 2013

A bit overwhelmed...

Holy crap! There's a lot going on! As if work wasn't crazy enough and school wasn't overwhelming enough, now we're throwing in purchasing a condo and moving within the next 6 weeks. And - on top of that even, I received a summons for jury duty in the mail yesterday. 

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez! What happened to that line about 'God never giving you more than you can handle'!? I am thankful he is blessing us - but I need to find a method to the madness!

Ultimately, I decided I am going to submit a letter stating that I am closing on a home soon and will be doubling up on classes soon - and ask that they postpone my jury duty service. I have to at least try to get out of it. I don't think I can add that to everything else going on. The crappy part is: I've always wanted to do it. Hopefully they will be understanding enough to give me a pass this time and summon me when things calm down a bit.

I feel like my head is spinning. Like I'm going to forget something important. I haven't felt like this since I was planning our wedding. My only saving grace then was constant 'to-do' checklists. Perhaps I need to start that again. Make lists that I can check things off of and when I get one list accomplished, just start a new one. I have to find a way to keep it altogether... 

I'm lucky to have a husband who is supportive and will be a huge help in all of this. I'm just nervous about crossing all the t's and dotting all the i's. So much to do and so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment