First dance

First dance

Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 in review...

What a rollercoaster year this has been! While some good things happened, we've definitely seen our times of adversity and struggle this year.

Let's start with the 'crap'.

1. Nobody called my husband for work. Not an interview. Not a job offer. Nada. It's ridiculous that people can't see how brilliant he is and how much he has to offer! Just praying the new year has some bigger better things in store for my boo.

2. Two words. Sleep Apnea. We both have it. Mine is like 3 times as bad as the hubs and it was a terrifying, earth-shaking prognosis, had I not been diagnosed and began treatment when I did.

3. My job was up and down. In fact, I almost lost it as a result of #2. But since I began treatment in Aug, things at work have been much better. And since my boss went back to her old self and not the strung out power tripped person she became when she was the interim CFO. Holy cow! Hope she never flips the script like that again...

4. This one is partly good (at least I hope it will be in the long-term) but for now, it pretty much stinks. Grad school! Ugh! I can't get motivated, I can't find my groove and I just need strength to get me through til the end.

5. Separations & divorces all around us! Geez, not sure what is in the water, but we ain't drinking it! Bill & Rhonda, Sam & Chip, Brandi & Bruce... just crazy!

And now --- for the 'good stuff'!

1. We celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary! While married life doesn't feel too much different than the life we had before 'I Do', there is something sweet about calling him my husband and knowing I truly have a partner for life.

2. My hubby got his Masters degree! He worked so hard to keep up with his studies and maintain a better GPA than his undergrad. I am so proud of him!

3. Weddings and babies everywhere! Weddings: Mandy & Tom, Breezy & Jason, Christine & Marshall, Ashley & Matthew and Salem & Bryan. Babies: My classmate Cassy had a baby boy, as did my friend Amy and her husband Brian.

4. We are in the process of buying our first home. As stressful and nerve-wrecking as it is, we are super excited. We're ready to start a family and begin this new chapter of our life together. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment