First dance

First dance

Friday, September 27, 2013

To My Husband...

To My Dear Husband,

Let me start off this letter saying ‘Thank you’. I try to say this as often as I can, but it never feels like it’s enough to show you my appreciation. You are the epitome of what a husband should be. You are a strong protector, a solid rock when I need it most and beyond all else, you love me --- in spite of my flaws, in spite of my insecurities, in spite of the imperfections that should make you run for the door. Not once have I ever thought or given into the idea that you are a failure or you have somehow let me down as a husband, simply because you are struggling to find work. I use the word struggle because you are far different than the men who want to sit home, allow their wife to work, never lift a finger to contribute and could care less if the bills are paid, his wife is happy or the future is unstable. You apply for jobs --- constantly… And you have been so good about maintaining the home, ensuring dinner is made on most nights, running errands and taking care of me. Our finances get sticky at times, but that happens to everybody. The important thing is that we don’t allow the situation to change who we are or how we treat one another. I am so thankful for you – for who you are, for the man you are striving to be and for everything you do to make our lives better.

I know the news from the doctor hit you hard. It did me too. Sure, I thought about my own mortality. But I also thought about you. The last thing I would ever want to do is leave this world without you. Just as much as you can’t see an existence without me, I feel the exact same way about you. I simply cannot fathom seeing a day without seeing your smile or laughing at your goofiness or holding your hand… Shoot, even the things you do that drive me crazy… I can’t imagine my world without them… without you... You are my moonbeam. You are my everything. Life, for me, just doesn’t make sense if you are not a part of it.

I am grateful for every single day and every single moment we have together. Waiting 27 years for you was hard at times, but you have made it all worth the while. God does answer prayers. You are evidence of that. If He answered that prayer, I know, in my heart, that He will answer the prayers that we pray together as well --- for jobs, for our finances, for children… God will make a way where there seems to be no way.

I love you and I have your back – today, tomorrow and always. With every day that passes, I am more aware and more appreciative of who you are, what you mean to me and all the ways you bless my life. Thank you for choosing me. Thank you for loving me. I am honored to be your wife and I love you more than I could ever put into words.

I love you to the moon and back!

With my heart and soul,
Babyluv

No comments:

Post a Comment