First dance

First dance

Thursday, September 5, 2013

'It was a good day'...

This has been a tough week. I should have expected it after a SUPER FANTASTIC 4-day weekend. Work has been hectic, my boss has been crabby and working on my last nerve and well, I would just rather be hanging out with my husband doing something fun!




Speaking of which... Last Friday, I took a vacation day. I thought, "hey, what could be better than a 3 day weekend...? A 4-day weekend!" Yes please! My hubby and I decided this was a day to act like big kids! So, while the little kids were all in school, the big kids took a trip to Gattiland! Yummy pizza followed by games, games, games! (Have I mentioned how much I love Ski ball!?) Rodney usually whoops me @ Ski ball AND air hockey---but not on this day! I was the champion of both! :) "It was a good day"!



Saturday was all about wine. The hubby and I went winery hopping with some friends. Guess who was tipsy after just 1 winery? This girl :) But heck, we tasted like 15 wines!! No wonder! It was SO delicious too! Had to buy a couple of bottles to take home... it was worth it since all the wine tasting was free. SCORE! After the winery trip, we went back to our friends' place and watched some comedy bits before we headed to dinner. "It was a good day"!



Sunday was low-key for me. I got the hook-up on the UL football tickets, but I didn't feel much like crowds, walking and such. Told the hubby he could go and take someone, which he did. So, he got his football fix and when he got home, he had a homecooked meal courtesy of me! Meatloaf, green beans, new potatoes and honey oat bread. Oh, and don't forget the lemonade! Delicioso! Makes me hungry just thinking about it! "It was a good day"!


I was almost sad to see the weekend come to an end. Lucky for me, I still had one more day! Hot dawg!! :) We had free movie passes and a gift card to Red Lobster, so we got to treat ourselves for free (almost)! We'd been wanting to check out 'We're the Millers' so we went to a 2:20 showing. Good part: The movie did not disappoint! It was hilarious! I haven't laughed that hard since 'The Proposal' or 'Bridesmaids'. Bad part: It was super packed and there were people all around and boxing us in (including an annoying woman who kept asking questions about the caption device AND a nasty, nasty man who took his shoes off and had his bare feet propped up on the railing. Uggggggh! There is no way in HELL I would have my BARE feet out in filthy movie theatre. Can you imagine how dirty that floor and railing are!? Ugggghh! Plus who knows where his feet have been anyways!? Rodney and I were one of the first people in the theatre and when we walked in, I made the comment that it smelled like feet. Guess now, I know why.



After the movie, we were off to dinner at Red Lobster. Have I mentioned how much I love cheddar biscuits!? My husband and I had a nice talk at dinner and (dare I say it again!?) "It was a good day"!

Yep, I just have to ---

No comments:

Post a Comment