First dance

First dance

Monday, August 5, 2013

Waiting on my phone to ring...

I could use all the positive vibes and prayers I can get today. Waiting on my phone to ring and it's nervewracking! Last week, I had 3 phone interviews in a day and a half, which is insane. The one I truly hope to get said they would follow-up with me today one way or the other (whether they want to interview me face-to-face or I just didn't make the cut) I FEEL like it went well, but you just never know... People are SO hard to read over the phone!


Lo and behold this morning, I got a call. About another similar position as mentioned above. I JUST sent my resume to this one on Friday and already they called. With all of these "bites", I am SURE to catch one, right!?

As glad as I am that people are calling, it is bittersweet. I wish I could say, "Hold on. Talk to my husband. Give him a chance. I will wait for mine." If only it worked that way. I just hate seeing him so frustrated and I want to choke the people on the other end of those rejection emails he seems to get so often. I mean, what do you say to someone who is brilliant, hardworking, genuine and remarkable when their resume is getting passed over and they can't seem to get a job break anywhere!? It literally breaks my heart. My husband deserves SO much better...


Church was good yesterday. It was uplifting in a lot of ways. One of the songs they sang took hold of my heart because, well, it reminded me of how faithful God always is and how He never leaves us, no matter what we are going through. The lyric said, "Oh no, you never let go through the calm and through the storm, Oh no you never let go in every high and every low, Oh no you never let go, Lord, you never let go of me..."

He has always brought me through. He has always brought us through. We may not understand why things are the way they are or why we aren't receiving some of the things we've prayed for hard for (like a job for my husband). But perhaps God's plan is bigger than the one we have and there is a blessing somewhere in the midst of this struggle.


Today, I am just going to pray a little harder, cross my fingers a little tighter and hold out hope that a positive change is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment