First dance

First dance

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fruit stripe gum and a 'Fantastic Voyage'

This week has been tough. I find myself struggling to wake up each day, put one foot in front of the other and accomplish the "must-dos" of the workday. Perhaps my funk is continuing. Perhaps I am burned out and need a vacation. Perhaps I am just not getting enough rest at night. Whatever the reason, Thursday was going to have to be better than the days before it. Please??


The work morning was more of the same ol' business as usual. But then something happened. I mentioned "Soft Space" in my last blog and how we are exploring our inner "itty bitty". One of the other girls posted a pic of her coloring and eating marshmellows, which is totally kiddie stuff. I thought about it for a while and then decided to get some fresh air for lunch. I drove around for a while until I stumbled upon Cracker Barrel. You know what that means!? That shop where you can find candy sticks, Jelly Bellies, Fruit Stripe gum and just about any nostalgia kid-like addiction that they've done away with over the years. I carefully picked out my 8 for a $1 candy sticks, a couple of packs of pop rocks and a pack of Fruit Stripe gum. In an instant, I felt just like a kid again... particularly when I put a pack of Pop Rocks in my mouth, took a swig of soda and waited to see if my belly would explode. (It didn't, obviously! :O)) In one last effort to make this a fun day and escape the dread of heading back to work, I had a mini-dance party to 'Fantastic Voyage' in the car. Who knew Coolio could turn my day around!?


Must go back to work now unfortunately. Hoping the afternoon goes by swiftly though. My hubby has his first basketball game tonight with a league he joined so I will be cheering him on and beating up anybody who has something bad to say about his team! <JK>

Here's to a positive spin for the rest of the week!





No comments:

Post a Comment