First dance

First dance

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Two interviews. No job offer.

This has been the frustration over the last several weeks. I had two rounds of interviews with a local dentist company. It was a great opportunity - to utilize the skills and education I have while gaining new experience, particularly in management. The company is well-respected and at the top of my list of "places I'd like to work". Yet, I came away empty-handed.

The good part is: I received good feedback. Ultimately it came down to one other candidate and me. I was young, motivated, driven, educated - but the other person was more "seasoned" and in a better position to "plug and go". Due to the departmental needs at this particular moment, they went with the other candidate. Although I feel there was nothing more I could do to sell myself or make them choose me, I am still highly disappointed.

The bad part is: I have to stay where I am indefinitely. To come THAT close to having another job and not being able to seal the deal is... well, it sucks! My current company does not appreciate me or my contributions at all. Even though I am almost finished with a Masters degree, the HR department refuses to allow me to transition there. So, I sit, stagnant, overqualified and bored out of my skull... earning my paycheck, but desperately wanting something more.


No comments:

Post a Comment