First dance

First dance

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

It. Is. Finished.

This is a double-themed post: It. Is. Finished.

Last Sunday was Easter. My husband and I went to a friend's church and then ended up at the family church. (Yes, we got a lot of Jesus that day!) :) At the 2nd service, the pastor resonated with "It is finished" as in Jesus paid the price. His resurrection symbolizes our freedom from the chains of sin. There is nothing we need to do - except believe, put our trust and follow Him. No deed or act will be able to secure our place. Jesus already did that. Although I've heard the resurrection story a thousand times, I appreciated this application of the Word. It put me in my place. It confirmed that nothing I do will ever measure to what God has already done through His son. What a powerful, amazing love!

Also, on Sunday, I submitted my very last grad school assignment. It is finished! While I impatiently wait on final grades to see if I graduate with a 4.0 GPA, I am relieved that school is over. So much time, energy and brainpower has gone to school over the last several years. It feels weird to think about having all of that "free" time, but I welcome it! More time for cooking. More time for working out. More time for wine. And the biggest thing -- More time for enjoying the simple things in life with my husband.

I am thankful to have this Masters degree under my belt. I am tired! Now, onto finding a better job and a better salary (so I can pay back student loans!) It's the American way, right!?




No comments:

Post a Comment