First dance

First dance

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Thanksgiving was wonderful.  Rodney and I got up early to start on our cooking projects for the day. First up, red beans & rice, which we planned to drop off for his family's Thanksgiving dinner. We had to get up at 4:30 to get the beans started and boy, did it come early!! That's ok though... Despite the minimal sleep, we were both in a silly mood and simply thankful to be enjoying another Thanksgiving together.

Later, we finished up my Pumpkin Muffin Stuffin and Cookies-n-Creme Trifle to take over to our other planned Thanksgiving dinner. We were invited to spend Thanksgiving with Christine, Marshall and their family - so we got there around 12:30. I helped Christine finish up her big delicious spread and then we chowed down around 2. Everything was delicious!! By 2:30, everyone was in a food coma! LOL! That's how you know you can cook!! ;) Marshall and Rodney got their naps on while everyone else chatted and Christine's crazy sister in law ran her loud gobstopper. If I could change one thing about this dinner, they would have picked up their plates later, as was the earlier plan so I didn't have to listen to that girl's obnoxiousness!! Rodney and I had fun though. His silliness continued throughout the day... stuffing his cheeks with grapes, trying to smuggle all the leftover turkey out of the house and making Christine laugh so hard she snorted! LOL! Good times, good times! 

Anywho, we left around 4:30 and headed to Rodney's family dinner. We knew they'd probably eat before we made it there so we dropped our crockpot off earlier. I was still full from earlier, so I didn't even eat. Rodney had a little bit of food, but he ended up taking some to-go. Our red beans and rice went over well, but the real hit was the trifle. Even though we made it for Christine's dinner, we had a bunch leftover and brought it into our 2nd stop. There were many moans and eyes rolling back in the head! It's now my designated dish... I was told I must make that for every family function --- and in a bigger portion! LOL! I'm definitely family now! ;)

The day was great -- but we were certainly glad to get back home and into our PJs and fuzzy socks! Time to get some rest and let our bellies recover just in time for Friendsgiving tomorrow! I can't wait!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment