First dance

First dance

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Back to the gym!

Can I just say - The gym is totally whooping my butt!!! Shoot, it's been years since I've been on any kind of consistent gym schedule, but I'm determined to make a change. I need to get healthier... I want to have a long life with my husband and I want to be healthy enough to carry our children in the near future. That means -- it's time to bite the bullet!

Mind you, my body has NEVER been as sore as it's been these past couple of weeks. My husband literally had to put muscle rub on my whole body last night! :( BUT, I am hopeful that it will get easier (and less painful) the more I go. Right now, I'm committed to twice a week, so I'm going on Wed & Sat. I admit that I like Sat best because the gym is pretty much empty. I hate the feeling that other people are watching me or saying to themselves, "Look at that fat girl trying to exercise!" I know I shouldn't even think about that, but I do. Most of the time I can hide my insecurity, but in a gym setting is not one of those times. Talk about a fish out of water!

It's only been 2 weeks, but I can already feel a difference. I get a lil less winded climbing stairs. I can do a few more exercises this week than I could last week. AND---after 60 situp crunches each time, I can already feel my abs! Say whaaaaat!?! I told my husband (half jokingly, half serious), "I didn't know a fat girl could have abs!!!" Go figure!!

Even when I don't feel like it, I am going to push myself to go. I have to. I'm afraid if I skip it once, it'll just be that much easier to skip it again. I just hope I can start to see a difference in the way I look and feel. There's nothing more discouraging than hard work with no payoff --- especially in the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment