First dance

First dance

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Perhaps 'Daily' was a tall order...

Maybe I should have called this blog "Weekly Cup of Sparkle". But, I am a newby and I am still getting the hang of this blogging thing. I can use that as an excuse, right?!

The last couple of weeks have flown by. Lots of LONG, stressful days at the office.


While I was sitting stagnant for so long waiting for my days to be filled with work, now that they are, it gets a bit overwhelming at times. But, I love my boss. She's pretty friggin awesome and I haven't been able to say that in quite a few years. The downside to that is: Having a great boss makes you more loyal to your job and it makes the thought of leaving 100 times more terrifying. There are no active plans to leave, but with sucky healthcare benefits, no paid maternity leave and just being paid below what I feel I am worth, I do have to keep my options open if they refuse to...

My husband is back on the job hunt. But I refuse to make him settle for a crappy job or something I would not do myself. It means finances are stressful and we have to buckle the belt a little tighter for a while, but God will make a way where there seems to be no way. He has brought us through harsher, meeker conditions so I know this is only temporary. God is faithful. He has proven it time and again... I just can't let anything shake my faith that He will provide and He has a plan for this situation, just like He has all the other times.


I was able to enjoy sometime out last night with my husband and my good friend Ashley. We went to a painting night (a-la "Sips-n-Strokes, since there was wine involved too). It definitely ended Monday on a high note and was a good outlet from all of the stressful things in our lives. Here we are with our "funky flowers" :)



No comments:

Post a Comment