First dance

First dance

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Lately...

I started a new job in October. It has been AWFUL. It has stripped me of joy at times. It has depleted my energy. It has zapped my confidence. It has removed all drive or motivation to do much of anything, much less blogging. It was definitely NOT the job I expected or wanted it to be and, frankly, I have been trying to get out of there since the week I started.

A boatload of resumes have been sent. Several agonizing phone interviews and a few face-to-face ones... all without any fruits or job offers to help me escape. I even thought, for a moment, that returning to my old company was a possibility. But the powers that be (or the highers up on executive row) pretty much made that impossible. So - it was back to the drawing board.

I received a call from a recruiter a couple weeks ago. I apply at this company ALL THE TIME and this is the 1st time they have ever contacted me. After playing phone tag with the recruiter for almost 2 weeks, I finally have an interview on Thursday. I hate the fact that the office will be downtown, resulting in more traffic and commuting... but I hate where I am bad enough to suck it up, if the job/position/pay/boss are right.

SO, pray for me. Pray it goes well and that this is a good move - for me, my family and my career. My anxiety is through the roof and I need this in the worst way...

No comments:

Post a Comment