First dance

First dance

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Hello, new job!

Halleluyahhhhh! After a lot of tears, a lot of interviews and a lot of praying, a new job is finally on the horizon. The position I took in October 2015 has been absolutely awful. Everything about it has been terrible... I spent the majority of the first week in the bathroom stall crying, so I knew this was not where I wanted to be. But... finding a new job... the right job... takes time...

I interviewed last week and immediately, I felt comfortable with the manager. To boot, several of my old colleagues work there in a cross-functional department, so it feels like I am going "home" again. I had a good feeling when I left, but I got the official verbal offer yesterday. I am SO excited!! Not only do I get to leave where I currently am, I feel like this new position (and the new company) are a better fit for me. My start date will be 3/7/16, which is soon... but it cannot get here soon enough! The one downside is having to commute farther into downtown instead of being like 10 min away from home... but ultimately, that is a small price to pay for a better salary, a better work environment and a position more aligned with my personal growth and development.

Thank you Lord for making this a reality. I am ready to wash off the depression and anxiety of this current place and start brand new in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment