First dance

First dance

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Thirty-SIX?? Ughhh!

It's hard to believe I am 36. That is 4 years away from 40. While I feel blessed to see another year, it is painful getting another year older. I look in the mirror and cringe at the site of a gray hair or wrinkle that didn't exist before. I am saddened by sore muscles, achy bones and other signs of aging that continue to pop up and make themselves a presence in my world.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy birthdays... I like the celebrating and feeling the extra love from my husband and a few other people. I just wish getting older was not part of the deal! This year was pretty low-key, which is what I needed. A nice quiet dinner with my husband and drinks afterwards with a few friends. We'd already been in some crazy crowds the night before seeing Carrie Underwood in concert - but it was totally worth it!

So, now, I am the big 3-6. I hope this year is better than the last - and I hope I learn to cope with this aging process a bit better, if it must continue! Here's to a new year of turning dreams into reality and enjoying the simple things in life with my wonderful husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment