First dance

First dance

Sunday, July 17, 2016

A "total" mess...


My poor car... My poor "Penny"... She and I were rear-ended on my way to work last Monday. By an uninsured motorist nonetheless. While it may not look like much, the frame was totally jacked and the insurance company totaled the car due to the extensive damages. It has been a long, stressful, tiring week dealing with police, hospitals, insurance companies and trying to stay composed throughout the ordeal.  Thankfully, I was not seriously hurt... only had some muscle strain in the neck and back mostly. It could have worse... it could have been much worse... I try my best to remember that when I start to get overwhelmed by all the hoops I have to jump through to resolve this mess.

I will miss my "Penny". We only got 2 short years of time to ride together. Perhaps someone is trying to tell me something! The other Civic I had years ago was also rear-ended pretty badly (although this one was definitely worse). As a result, I will be taking a turn down Toyota Avenue and see if I can have better luck staying away from careless, uninsured drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment