First dance

First dance

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Life is chaotic!

I could lie and say I haven't had time to blog lately... But the truth is, I haven't been in the mood to write about anything. I can barely get motivated to do homework these days. 

Life is chaotic! The car I bought at the end of April has now been in the shop multiple times already. It even got us stranded in the middle of the freeway this past week, which brought the car thing to a whole new low. I was frankly ready to give the keys back to the dealer and ask for my money back so I could go get a car elsewhere. It's been ridiculous -- But I hope and pray that this is finally resolved and that 'Penny' will not be sick anymore for a lonnnnnng while.

In other news, the A/C is broken in our condo. The condo we just bought in Feb. We started running the air in April, I think, and on the warmer days, it seemed the thermostat couldn't keep up with the temp we had it set on. We'd set it on 70 and in the middle of the afternoon, it'd be 80 in there. Not acceptable. So, after Memorial Day weekend, we bit the bullet and contacted our home warranty company to come take a look. What a joke! Now, a month later, they have sent 2 companies and about 6 different contractors and no one has been able to fix our A/C. Part of that is because we apparently have a unit from the stone ages. But rather than research or try to figure out something they are unfamiliar with, they just keep passing the buck. Meanwhile, we are hot - and now basically confined to our bedroom after we broke down and bought a small window-unit to get us through. I am beyond frustrated. On Friday, I finally made some headway and found the company we think actually installed the A/C units when our condo was under construction. The only catch is - we have to pay out of pocket because they don't deal with home warranty companies. Why? Because they never get paid. What a shocker! With an appointment set for Monday, I am crossing fingers, toes, eyes... whatever I can, that they figure out what's wrong and that we have enough money to pay to fix it!

Such a mess. My head is spinning and I'm sure my blood pressure has been through the roof lately. Lucky for me, I have a husband who is surprisingly calm and doing his best to keep me composed. Hopefully this cluster of storms is on its way out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment