First dance

First dance

Sunday, February 5, 2017

37 is looming...

Tomorrow is my birthday and, as the years fly by, I become less excited about turning another year older every year. I mean, ten years ago, I would've said 37 was OLD. Now, I am knocking on its door and, well, I am just not ready to get old.

Body aches are becoming more frequent. I started having to dye my hair more regularly to keep the grey hairs at bay. Dark circles around the eyes, constant exhaustion and too much adulthood have turned this girl into an old lady, it seems. Wrinkles... well, I know they are coming... and I dread it. My husband is sweet and tells me all the time that I haven't aged in the 10 years we've been together, but I see it. I feel it. I hate it.

I don't know where I thought I'd be at 37. I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband. I am blessed to have a job that provides for us. But I thought I'd have a different job, I think. I certainly thought I'd be a mother by now. Sometimes God has other plans than the ones we make for ourselves. I just wish He would let me in on His plan. I am sure I am not alone in that wish...

I guess I will have some wine, try to enjoy the rest of 36 and pray that 37 isn't as bad as I think it will be. Hey, maybe 37 is the new 27? Think I can get away with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment