First dance

First dance

Thursday, September 24, 2015

I officially gave my notice!

A couple of weeks ago, I officially turned in my resignation notice. My boss was sad to lose me, but happy that I had found an opportunity elsewhere that will allow me to grow my career. Although I'd hoped to be able to transition to HR in my current company, the director made it pretty clear that he wanted no part of hiring me. So, after an exhaustive job search, I think I've found the right position. At least I hope so...

Initially, I will not be working in HR, as I hoped. This is a little deflating because that is what I went back to school to accomplish. However, from all accounts of the people I interviewed with, there is tremendous opportunity for professional development and growth within this new organization. I will be sad to leave a few people behind at my current job, but I am hopeful that this leap of faith will be prosperous and amazing.

The last couple of weeks has been stressful, to say the least. Between training and documenting processes of my current job and chasing down documentation to complete the background check for my new job, I am going cray cray. I just pray the next couple of weeks will settle down and let me soak everything in as I close one career chapter and open a brand new one.





No comments:

Post a Comment